NP Law’s attorneys have years of experience counseling clients on all aspects of nonprofit law, including Sections 115, 170, 501(c)(3) and 509 of the Internal Revenue Code, assisting nonprofit organizations as they navigate the ever-changing complex regulatory landscape. Choosing which avenue to obtain tax-exempt status under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code has a substantial impact on an organization’s ongoing operations. We work closely with our clients to understand their objectives and business needs to determine the best vehicles to further their tax-exempt purpose. We strategize with our clients on ways to ensure preservation of their tax-exempt status and discuss innovative fundraising and financing strategies. Our attorneys have represented numerous nonprofit organizations, universities, public schools, trusts, foundations, charter schools and renaissance schools.
Among Our Services:
- Formation and governance including preparation of required resolutions, bylaws and policies.
- Securing tax-exempt status under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Obtaining penalty waivers and retroactive reinstatement of revoked tax-exempt status.
- Comprehensive review of nonprofit operations to assist nonprofit organizations to be audit ready and navigating the following rules:
- Unrelated Business Income Tax
- Tax-exempt status
- Public charity vs. private foundation status
- Private benefit
- Political activity